Sunday, December 10, 2006

This is December....?


Jackal and Baby Rhea at Toad's....
Unbelievable temps for this time of year....
I'm not complaining....

10 Dec 06 at noon....
Yup, it's a bike....
Gators....
Neoprene faced tights....
Saw a lot of this. Scared a couple of walkers today....

25 mile loop through the parks today. Started out at 36 F and ended up at 50 degrees! It's the 10th of December and it's warm in IOWA!!!!! Quite a few walkers out today. Most of them in pairs and most with dogs. Scared the hell out of a couple of them. I always give plenty of notice that I'm coming up behind them and I don't feel bad any longer when it scares hell out of them. It's typically the inconsiderate ones who aren't paying attention to those that they are supposed to be sharing the trail with that end up startled. Walk to the side of the trail. Take the headphones off.....

Tagged....!

I've been tagged by shOna up in Winnepeg. Some of you will get TAGGED too.... Pay attention now, boys and girls.... The point of the exercise is this: If you get tagged you have to post six "interesting" things about yourself on your blog and then tag six more people. Pretty simple, huh? Here goes....

1. I have 3 sons and only one of them has the ambition to get out and ride a bicycle. That would be Carl, AKA: Jackal. He rides a lot and rides endurance MTB races for Cannondale! His other nickname is Buchanandale.

2. Jackal thinks that I have an addiction to bicycles. I only have a couple of them (6) and one on the way. I'm not planning to buy anymore in the near future. I have ridden at least 5 of them in the last 12 months.

3. I can't bring myself to sell a bicycle, even if I don't ride it any longer.

4. I own 3 motorcycles. My wife thinks that's too many. I love motorcycle roadracing, especially Moto GP. Valentino Rossi is 'da BOMB!!!!! All three of my sons own or have owned motorcycles... The fastest I've ever ridden is 191 mph at the track in Brainerd, Minnesota.

5. I dig pink. So does Baby Rhea.... Someday I'll have a pink Surly....

6. Some of my friends are trying to get me to go back out on the ice and play hockey again. Not sure I'm up to that though. How hard can it be for a goalie, right?

See how easy that was? Didn't even hurt at all! Now, some of you are going to get tagged. If you've already forgotten how it's played you can read the instructions above or you can check out shOna's blog for instructions.

Jackal, Kerkove, Chris in Austin, Ari in Chicago, Jeremy in Clarksville, and Mark..... You have been tagged!

Jackal was just here on his Ducati 996. Says he's going for a ride!

That's it for now.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!


3 Comments:

Blogger shOna said...

how about you don't sell the bikes and just adopt a daughter...i would die for a dad who had that many bikes...but that would mean you would have to let me ride them.....hmmm maybe not..

thanx for the insight and the tips on life!!! really aprreciate the guidance!!!!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Doh I have been tagged- I don't have 6 interesting things about myself.....

10:20 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i'll give the adoption some thought. :)

peace out, yo!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home