Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Balmy....

I left work at 5:15 tonight and beat feet home to ride! It was 34 degrees when i got out the door at 6:15 and headed for the gravel that runs through the Hartman North Unit. After Sunday night it felt almost like summer!!! Judy wanted to order pizza so I told her I'd be back around 7:30 which meant I'd have to keep it fairly short tonight. (she gave me that look..... you know, the one that says "it would be the right thing to do". I think she worries about me.) From the gravel I headed out the South Riverside Trail to Kriegs and over into GW then up to Gateway and Bigwoods Lake. Turned around at the shelter on the north end of the lake and headed back all the way through Wyth and crossed the Cedar at the Greenhill exit. 15 miles in under 1:15 on the Surly. Not bad! Walked in the door to hot pizza at 7:29!!! Woohoo! I'm no ball of fire on the Surly but it was fun. Wore the Gators rather than the booties and my feet felt fine. I was drenched in sweat when I got back. The Cateye Doubleshot that Buchanandale gave me for my birthday/Christmas present is one of the most useful and appreciated gifts I've ever received! Did you check out the Monster he has posted on his blog? I AM IN LOVE!!!!! That is the sweetest motorcycle I've ever seen. I am seriously considering trading my RC51 and my R1 for one of those! I've been touched! Such simple beauty! Go on over and check it out!

Ari from Chicago commented on the previous post to this blog that he liked the way everyone here (in the cycling community) talks to each other. What is it about this group that allows that to happen? (other than all the sweetnees, lovability, and innocence of those involved?) Your thoughts, please.....

Question of the week: Do you think that The Smack_Down will ever let me ride one of his bikes?

That's it for now.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I think I read blogs because it helps to motivate me. I do not have a core group of riders that I can train with nightly or even weekly. So I guess I look to the online world for motivation and camaraderie.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home