Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Furnaces and such....

Left work right about 4:30 last night so that I could get home and ride the bike for awhile. You know what they say about "the best layed plans...." I was starting to change my clothes at about 5 when Judy walked in and then the phone rang. It was my brother Dan telling me that his furnace wouldn't fire and that it was COLD in his house. He wanted me to come look at it and see if I could get it going. CRAP!!! Well, being the nice guy that I am, I took Judy and we grabbed some food at Mac's then went to Dan's house. I think he had 4 space heaters going in there. We determined fairly quickly that the problem was electrical and started to track it down. After about an hour he told me "ya know, I did change the thermostat this summer because the air conditioner wasn't working right...." Hmmmmmm........ Jumping the thermostat wires at the terminal board on the furnace produced flame! Voila' A quick trip upstairs to place the red wire on terminal RW in the thermostat rather than RC took care of the problem. Sorta. The furnace was short cycling so an adjustment to the heat anticipator had to be made. It's all good. He offered a beer for my trouble then laughed and informed me that he didn't have any. How's that for cruel! Ahhhhh well, it's all good. I was home by 8:15 and went to bed without a bike ride, but baby brother was warm and cozy.....

That's it for now.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

No beer is inexcusable. Whoop up on him.

1:49 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

absolutely inexcusable....

4:29 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

I like how you guys stay in touch with one another. Wish my pals in chicago would do the same. We are just to busy here to even get together. Ratrace! Hope to get picked for the transiowa so I can meet you guys and do some riding
Keep warm.
tomorrow I am trying those lake winter boots.
Ari
from Chicago

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home