Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sunny day....


Woohoo.....
The Yellow Bike....
Unseasonably warm....
Today....
Waiting for a train....
XC ski training behind me....
A very nice day, temperature wise. The winds were out of the SW at 20 to 30 and were an absolute bear! Out of the saddle to get 10 mph on the Lone Tree Road Trail heading west to Black Hawk Park from Big Woods Lake. Good thing it's only a couple of miles! Goddddddddd........ I met Super Saul just outside the entrance to BH Park and we talked for a couple of minutes. He was smiling, as usual. Was that one of those bikes with the big wheels, Ron? I rode up to the north end of the park and turned around and hit the trail back to Cedar Falls via Cottage Row Road. I rode past the RIPE sewage treatment facility and then over the dike by the golf course and had to wait for a stopped train that had delivered coal to the Utilities complex. Some guy on a newer Raleigh 800 (?) came up beside me and waited for a couple of minutes then picked up his bike up and crawled over the coupling between 2 train cars. SCARY!!!! DUMB!!! STUPID!!!! I waited a couple more minutes then rode through the grass of the practice fields beside the golf course and came out on the Utilities Parkway by the entrance to Washington Park. When I got up to Pfeiffer, Mr. Raleigh was sitting on the bench beside the trail. He could have been squished!
25 miles on The (clean) Yellow Bike and a chat with Mr. Saul..... It's all good! (I spent about two hours last night cleaning all the gravel dust off of it from the Octobe 6th ride. I know.... slow! Clean and lubed now!)
Thanks for responding to yesterday's post, Eduardo. You warmed my heart! :) Kerkove called me old and you said we were friends! Oh yeah!
I still cannot believe that someone wants to build housing down by the sewage treatment facility in CF! Smells like a lawsuit brewing somewhere down the road. (Ha Ha, that was good!)
Ride safe....
Peace out, yo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

We will hear someday that the Raleigh dude has received a Darwin Award. What a douche.

7:29 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed....

peace out, yo!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Give him the award right now before he kills himself.
Good dec weather in Chicago also. Rode 40 on the fixed gear and I'm feeling it. Hope to do Trans Iowa in April. Are you guys trying for it also?
Ari

8:14 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

I'm training to hand out beers at the finish line!

8:41 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

just the thought of 320 miles, non-stop, exhausts me. i'm not up to it. i'm a wimp.

you're drinking beer all the way to the finish line, eduardo? or will you be at the finish line waiting for the finishers and drinking beer until they get there? 32 hours is a long time to be drinking, brother. i know. ;)

peace out, yo!

8:47 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

You let yourself go to work with that "scruff" goin on??? Geesh

I swear, you ride more than any of us. You could do TI

4:58 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

no jeremy, i don't go to work looking like this. (who could compete with roger?) i had to use my last week of vacation or give it back. i didn't want to give it back! :) figured i'd either hunt deer or ride. i rode. :)

TI? i ride too slow to do TI! maybe with a 20 mph tailwind! or a tow rope! that's for you younger guys, faster guys! 10 mph average doesn't seem so bad just to think about it, but for 320 miles? whoaaaaaaa!!!!!!! 20 years ago, maybe.....

peace out, yo!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home