Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday.... Spraying....
Speed hump? That's Iowan for "quickie", I think....

I rode south to Shaulis Road then over to Orange tonight. Winds are 20 mph out of the east. Will they ever stop? I think it took me longer to do the 2 1/2 miles fom Hwy 63 to Ansborough on Shaulis than it took to get from Orange to Hudson, which is about 8 miles. I guess the tailwind is the reward for suffering the punishment of the headwind. 31 miles total. I met Kerkove and J. Fry on Katoski on my way back into town. We whooped and hollered at each other and kept going in opposite directions. Good seeing you guys! I suspect that they had been out doing the Wednesday night TT on 27th Street.
Went to Gary's funeral down in Reinbeck this morning. The church is a fairly large one for a small town and it was packed. The preacher had everyone laughing a couple of times during the service and all was good. I asked Daryl where the party will be at tonight and he said that it happened last night. A bunch of Gary's friends and classmates came to town from all over the place and I guess they had one heck of a going away party. Good on ya, guys!
That's it for now. Judy has home made pizza in the oven and Moo is here with Baby Rhea. I 'spose Jackal will be here in a few minutes. The shop is closed and the lights are out.... I need a shower.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Never heard them called Speed Humps before. It does have a nice ring to it though.

9:11 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i think it must be a place where you can get a quickie in the car and not be arrested for indecent exposure..... :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Ahhh, memories of elementary school at Orange. Awesome little township!

7:24 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

As a suburbs-dweller, I need to clear up this humping business.

Speed bumps are the taller, quicker ones. They make your car sound like you hit a large animal.

Speed humps are longer, but not as tall. More like going over a little ... hump in the road. They're supposed to be less damaging to suspensions and such. The suburbs are filled with them. I'll take a picture of some of the other 'traffic calming devices' around here sometime.

Blue: sorry to hear about your co-worker. I missed it earlier this week when you posted it the first time.

5:01 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks for the insight into speed humps, bryan....

i worked with gary for over 20 years. he was definitely a piece of work and will be missed. thanks.

i didn't know you grew up in orange, jeremy. i had cousins there and used to go to "fun fair" at the school out there when i was a kid. they moved from there to clarksville. how ironic is that? our buddy roger knows them.... (they're old, like roger)

9:28 PM  
Blogger shOna said...

speed hump...hmmm

all i can think of now is that song..........

maybe next it will be speed lump?

12:17 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Only thru 3rd grade then it was off to Lincoln in CF. That is ironic....
"Watcha gonna do with all that hump, all that hump up in yo trunk!"
Thanks shona, the song stuck...

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home