Saturday, April 28, 2007

Water and things....


Bob Roll's twin....?
Things are getting green around here....
Lots of water over the East Lake Trail....
It was cold....
....and deep.
North on Ford Road....
East on Mt. Vernon....
Rhea entertaining Pooh and friends....
"I'm Happy...."
Poster girl for the Twin Six "Fly"....
I took off on a ride on the Surly after work last night. It's been raining all week but it was beautiful last night so I couldn't resist it. When I got to the East Lake Trail I found it under up to about a foot and a half of cold water. My entire crank and chainring were submerged so I suspect I'll have some work to do on it tonight. It's sealed, but you know how that goes. Hubs too. Oh well, it was fun. The current was scary strong in a couple of places where the lake was draining over the trail into the river. All good! I rode up through Wyth and Gateway Parks then out through Big Woods and up to Black Hawk, which was closed due to the water. I just headed north from there on Ford Road as the sun went down and did a little gravel grinding. I could have ridden all night! It was soooooooo nice outside!
Speaking of riding all night... The TI v.3 folks should be grinding their way south from Decorah right about now. PERFECT day for it! Ride safe, Folks....
Jackal, Moo, and baby Rhea were at the house when I got home from my ride last night so we had pizza and watched the tube for awhile. Rhea stayed awake as long as she could but at about 10 her eyes closed and she fell asleep on my lap. Just like that.... What a sweet child!
That's it for now. I'm at the office this morning getting ready to write a couple of performance appraisals for a couple of my people.
Ride safe!
Peace out, yo!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home