Saturday, May 12, 2007

Beautiful Saturday....

Discing prior to planting....
West on 27th....
Welcome to New Hartford....
The Blue Colnago....
When I left for my ride this morning it was 53 F and I had no specific route in mind. I was just going to follow the front wheel and we'd go wherever we went.
I ended up heading out 27th Street with plenty of time to figure out which direction to take when I got to the "T" at the end. The wind was out of the east by north east and I decided to ride up to New Hartford so I turned right and headed north. From New Hartford it was east into the wind on Beaver Valley Road and up over the Hills of Doom. My legs must be getting stronger because it didn't seem so difficult to crest them today, riding into the wind. The hill is actually 4 tiers and it's about 3/4 of a mile long. Usually kicks my ass, but not today. A couple more small hills then about 2 1/2 miles of flat road to the "T" at Union. I went back to the north there to Cedar Wapsi and then east back to old 218 and south into town. 42 great miles.
When I got back home it was off to the shower (Judy said I smelled like my hockey bag....) then over to The Village Inn for lunch with Judy. Chili Verde Crepes and a coke. Most excellent lunch!
I hope the weather holds for awhile. It is about as good as it gets right now.
I received a couple of tee shirts for myself and a couple of onesies for Rhea that I had ordered from Brent at Twin-Six. Neat stuff! If you're in need of some new tees or "alternative" cycling jerseys, look 'em up on the net or give 'em a call. You won't be sorry. Very nice products at a reasonable price from a couple of "true" cyclists. I also received an art print from them that is wayyyy cool and is from a very limited edition. Check them out on the web.
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm telling you...blood sample!!! Shouldn't that be called the "Pink Colnago"???? We'll have to hit that hill a few times on gravel rides this fall so you can drop all of us a time or two!! :) Going for 750 miles this month?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - a pink seat?? I knew about the bar wraps. How did you find a pink seat?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Oh Ghris just you wait. He has more pink to add to it too. (Actually, I'll probably end up installing it)

8:07 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert....

750 miles in may? probably not. maybe 600.... gravel sounds good.... :)

chris....

it's a limited edition fizik arione. comes with matching bar tape. pretty pimpin', eh?

jackal....

thanks!

peace out, yo!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home