Thursday, May 10, 2007

Holy heatwave, Batman....

91F on the 10th of May....
An uneventful day at work today. Can't complain about that!
I went down to the Thursday night group ride tonight on the Surly 1x1. I only received a few of "those" looks, like, "what the hell's the matter with you? This is a road ride!". Told them that I was planning to put the hurt on them! I think I may have scared a couple of them....
We pulled out of the parking lot behind Bike Tech with me bringing up the rear right behind Jackal and Fat Albert. I know that they were worried, wondering when I was going to make my first break and the whole pack of about 12 riders was preparing for it. God, I love it when I can make them nervous like that! :) It didn't take long. We headed out on second street and when the peloton went west through the intersection I pulled off to the right and headed out Main Street to prove to myself and the peloton that those railroad tracks wouldn't get me 2 days in a row. I looked back when I was crossing the bridge over the Cedar on North Main and not a single one of them was anywhere to be seen. I didn't look back again.... Just kept my head down and pedaled! I'm hoping that Jackal will call me when he gets back and let me know that everyone survived. I suspect that they probably got lost somewhere and couldn't find me. Ahhhh well. Such is life. You win some and you lose some. Today must've been my day to win.
91 degrees according to the thermometer at the Chambr of Commerce in CF. The heat wasn't so bad though. It was the gnats and skeeters. I must've killed a million of them! That'll teach 'em to land on me when I'm on a break-away from a bunch of roadies!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue,

I want a blood sample. I saw you drop the group. Hope the railroad tracks didn't kick your ass two days in a row! It was a nice "social" ride. I'm glad the group waited for me...I got kicked off about 10 times! I was waiting for the ice cream truck to pull up. Hey Hey Hey...

9:14 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert...

blood sample? don't you need a warrant or something for that? i'm gonna ask my lawyer about it before i give that up!

yeah, i got across the tracks fine, thank you. I was sweating it though.

did the ice cream truck ever show up?

i could tell it was going to be a "social" ride when you got molested in the parking lot.... ;)

good seeing you.

peace out, yo!

9:26 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

I think if it hit 91 here I'd probably die. We've been lucky so far.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

He didn't dope....he only attempted to dope. You know, like I didn't inhale.

:-)

6:37 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i didn't inhale either....

:)

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't mess up the rotation!! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Is Fat Albert really fat? And black?

11:52 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....

fat albert is maybe 120 pounds soaking wet and he's, ummmmm, caucasian. he eats like 450 fudge rounds a day though. his metabolism is like battery acid.

peace out, yo!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Mosquitoes and gnats are here for the long term too. Have you seen the vast breeding grounds lately? They'll have to change the name from Cedar Falls to "Cedar Swamp" if this doesn't dry up soon!

Hey! I think I saw a gator!

5:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....

so i'm not losing my mind! i thought, no, i could swear, that i saw a gator too!

peace out, yo!

8:11 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

Hey, keep the gators on the down low. I brought them in for the mystery events during the 13.1 trail run.

9:22 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ok eduardo, no more talk about the gators. we didn't know. shhhhhhhhh.......

:)

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home