Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sunny Saturday....

Didn't really need the arm warmers....
This was covered with snow and ice last Saturday....
Standing water. The ground is saturated....
I headed south toward Hudson into a 20 mph headwind this afternoon. I wasn't sure where I was going to end up on this ride. I thought about the Orange Township loop or going to Dike. By the time I got to Hudson I was thinking Orange but then decided to just turn around and come back the way I came. I was feeling pretty good but my brain was telling me to get a few more miles in before starting the longer rides. It was good! The wind was brutal on the trip south but I think I smiled all the way home with a tailwind.
The thermometer at the Credit Union said 68F but the one in Hudson said 62.... I suspect it was somewhere in between.... The knee warmers came off when I got to Hudson. I could have ridden without either knee or arm warmers today and would have been perfectly fine.... A sign of things to come. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow. It is that time of year, I guess. We could use a good rain to clear some of the sand from the streets.
I'll be heading to Fort Meyers, Florida for a managers meeting on Thursday with the return trip late Sunday afternoon which will get me home about midnite if Northwest is on time. I'll be pretty busy the entire time so there won't be any sight seeing other than some fishing in the Gulf on Saturday afternoon.... I'd rather be here for the Finchford-Roubaix road race on Sunday. Oh well.
I think that's about it for now. I hope everyone is doing something fun this weekend.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


6 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I expect some fishing stories upon your return.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Busy times, ehh? Glad to see you were out rolling the steed this weekend. It's great to finally be rid of this ice and snow stuff!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing more exciting than that first ride of the year without arm warmers.
Sorry we couldn't do some fishing in Florida this week, but so far we haven't caught anything over 7 inches!
Stay out of trouble down here! :^)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Strage brew, eh. That's a great movie,hoser. "I felt like Charlton Heston in Omega Man."

I have a nice blue Colnago but I don't know how to put a picture on a comment, if it is even possible.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, as a contributer to Tuesday Grimpeurs I must say I like the Strange Brew reference. I have a yellow Colnago so keep on biking, man.....look out for those fleshly headed mutants as well.
et

7:58 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

andy....
change of plans. no fishing. we'll be "touring the waterways" of naples. perhaps some drinkng stories upon my return.

g-ted....
amen, brother! the weekend was glorious!

brian....
oh yeah! the first ride in shorts. heaven! there's always tomorrow to catch the big one!

craig....
read your blog. you guys are crazy! :)

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home