Saturday, May 10, 2008

All wet....



The Cedar Valley Railway station in Gilbertvlle....

The elevator....

Rollin'....

Sharing the trail....

Old railroad bridge over Wolf Creek....

Nice day....

Welcome to La Porte....

Main Street....

"You can trust your car to the man who wears the star...."

Out of La Porte....

Eagle Center....

Hudson....


The forecast was calling for the "possibility" of showers. It was 49F and it wasn't raining (yet) so I took off for La Porte City on the C50. About 15 minutes into my ride it started sprinkling but it didn't feel bad at all, so I kept riding through downtown Waterloo to points south. It never really stopped until I got to Hudson, which was 45 miles later. It was a good ride! 54 total in about 3 hours and 15 minutes. The first thing I did when I got home was to clean and dry my chain then take a hot shower. Yeah, baby!
To the BUTT-MUNCH in the baby- shit yellow PT Cruiser on Dysart road.... Yeah, you. The jackass who wouldn't move over while passing me even though there wasn't another car on the road anywhere within sight. You gave me a good 12 inches clearance. You did it on purpose. You should've stopped when I invited you to. We could've danced and whispered sweet-nothings to each other. It would've been sooooooo much fun. You're a menial minded mental midget incapable of original or complex thought.
The forecast for tomorrow is crap. The Surly doesn't mind getting wet. I have fenders for that one! We'll see.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He must've wanted a closer look at those red hudz that you have on the bike!!! Yeah...that's it!!

So really....were you sharing the trail???? :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Man! The Blue Colnago be pissed off!!!
Next time put a dent in the car with your cleats, that way you can brand him and identify the car later.
Peace,
Ari

11:33 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey Blue, you should read the Surly Blog regarding some vengeance regarding car freaks. Seems that memorizing license plate numbers can lead to information useful to the road cyclist, like car owners names, so you can feak them out if ever you see them and their car together somewhere again.

Well, anyway, ya got a great ride in there, good on ya!

6:38 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

anonymous....
you know me, i'm always willing to share the trail. ;)

ari....
i could hear him behind me but when his fender came by it startled me. i'd bet i could have had my cleats off before he was out of his car, if he'd wanted to dance.... :)

g-ted....
i read that article from the 1st of may. pretty smart! it happened so fast i didn't even think of getting his tag number, and you know how bad my eyesight is.... damn! i know a couple of guys at the cop shop....

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home