Sunday, August 10, 2008

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

Rode the Finchford loop with Jackal this morning. The first 45 minutes or so of the 35 mile loop found me with a base layer under my jersey and arm warmers. The base layer stayed on. The arm warmers came off.... BEAUTIFUL weather! When we got back to Cedar Falls we rolled through Big Woods Lake Park and ran into John Fisher on his recumbent. Jackal and John took a loop around the lake while I sat and watched the world go by. It was good.

With the exception of the candle lit night ride, it appears that the Cedar Trails Festival went well. Jackal and I ran into Scott and Sara Gall on our way back home this morning and Scott said that they had 80 people show up for the tri this morning. Pretty sweet for a fairly new event! The night ride? Well, it appears that the 20 minute downpour that we had about 6 last night soaked all of the thousands of illuminaries that had been set out. That's really too bad because it's a very popular activity. Another tme, perhaps?

Well, my bags are packed for the Florida trip in the a.m. I'm taking my laptop, so I'll try to post something from "down yonder" while I'm there. I suspect my exercise will consist of long walks and short runs. There is an exercise room at the Residence Inn but I don't hold out much hope for the spin bike. It's been broken the last two times I've been down there. We'll see.... Oh yeah, plenty of Fat Albert Fan Club stickers are making the trip with me. :)

Congrats to Kerkove and to the Bike Tech crew on their Leadville finishes yesterday. Too Cool!

That's it for now.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Redg! said...

Blue,
The Trails Festival went well.
The Night Ride... Well... Mother Nature didn't want us to light those luminaries, she always have the last say.
Have a safe trip!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have a great vacation Blue. Wear your sunscreen.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Safe trip Blue, sorry to hear about the night ride being "dampend". We've had a solid week of rain and thunderstorms with more for today.

Hope you have an okay time working in FLA.

8:21 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

it's hotter than hell down here....

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home