Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Riding with the boys....

With Jackal and Brother of Jackal....
I got home from Florida about midnight last Wednesday. I was pooped! It rained on Thursday so there was no riding for me. I went out for a spin with the boys on Friday after work. It was the first time in two weeks that I'd been on the bike and it felt pretty good. I can't say that it was a hard effort but it wasn't a slacker ride either. I went with Jackal to the State Crit Championships on Saturday in Pella. Great racing! Lou Waugaman from Rassy's took off and lapped the entire Pro/Cat 1 field. It was absolutely awesome to watch. He put on a great show. Jackal raced as well as he's raced all year. A last lap crash by two others directly in fron of him put a damper on his chances after he'd led a very strong field for quite a bit of the race. That's the way it goes, I guess.
I went out on the CX bike about 9 Saturday night for a 20 miler through the parks. The Cateye Double Shot really lights up the night! It was a great ride followed up by a hard effort on Sunday morning that made me a bit sore. I probably should have rested yesterday but, other than being quite sore, I felt good. Another hard effort on the CX bike and I'm a hurtin' unit this morning. That's what two weeks off the bike will do for you, I guess.
I'll probably take it a bit easier this afternoon. We'll see.
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Bring on the X
John

7:38 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

john....
all the cowbells are dusted off! ready to roll.... :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Bring those cowbells to the 24 Hour. Get the whole crew together and get another team rollin.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Sounds like a great week of riding!
Sorry to hear Jackal nearly got into the mix...

Have a great ride this afternoon!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Good to hear you are back and riding again. Have a good ride today!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you made it back from the land of enchantment safe and sound.
Well safe anyway!
Glad you were able to get back on the bike. I am jonsin' for a ride now myself.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

One too many Cheeseburgers in Paradise. I had a blast in Decorah. What a Gem!
Ari

11:25 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

You're absolutely right Blue, after riding 32K at a good clip then hopping off to run really is most incredibly odd experience....the riding legs have to get stronger!!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

You need to hop on the race course with the boy. Then we could read about all the "fun" you had.
Thinkin about a cross bike race in November. Help me get that crazy notion right outta my head.

9:53 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

craig....
now why would you want to get that "crazy notion" out of your head? i'll be doing some 50+ masters this year, i think. john will kick my ass but hey, it'll be fun! of course, he may be kicking some butt in the 60+ masters....

it's all good!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home