Friday, August 29, 2008

Tagged....



Brother of Jackal and I went out on the CX bikes last night....

I've been tagged by G-Ted. Since I happen to like G-Ted, I'm going to respond to his request.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Well, at work I was managing the largest, most profitable department in the corporation. I must've done alright because I'm now managing the entire Iowa facility. It keeps me busy!

For fun I was playing Hockey on an adult "B" travel team with a nearly 40 game schedule, plus plenty of practices, as the only goalie on the team. It was fun. Oh yeah, we won a lot of our games. Something like 85% of them. It was good but my shoulder and my old, tired body won't take it anymore. I'm not sure I could even tie my skates anymore.... :)

What are 5 "non work" things on my "to do" list today?

1. Ride my bike

2. Create this post and read some blogs....

3. See what's for sale on eBay

4. Eat supper

5. Relax

Snacks I enjoy

Popcorn, Guinness, Canadian Club, Chocolate

What would I do if I were a billionaire?

Travel and share some of that moldy money with my friends.

Places I have lived

Waterloo, Iowa / Bellvue, Iowa / Racine, Wisconsin / Friedberg, Germany/Bad Nauheim, Germany / Fort Hood, Texas / Killeen, Texas / Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany / Degenfeld, Germany / Durlangen, Germany

Jobs I have had

Farm hand... (Hog, Dairy, Turkey....) Grocery Bagger, Tank mechanic in the Army, Infantry Squad Leader, Printing press mechanic, printing press operator, management in the printing industry for the last 20 years. I never could get a job as a beer taster/tester though.... :(

For those of you who feel like playing along, consider yourself "tagged".... It's all good. (Don't make me call you out on this one, boys and girls. You know who you are)

Have a FANTASTIC Labor Day (Labour Day, for our Canadian friends, eh?) weekend....

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Thanks for playing along. I know.................it's not my favorite thing to do either, so I appreciate it.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You were playing hockey when I was playing soccer. Only, I didn't travel and we didn't win 85% of our games! :^)
I like your non-bike list. I might put relax at the top of mine. Or maybe next to bike!
Let me know when you hit that billion dollar mark; I'll be glad to help you spend some of that!! :^)

3:36 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
you're the man!

oldman....
i played soccer when i was in the army in germany the second time. love that game!
i can't imagine being able to spend the interest on a billion bucks, let alone the principal.... it would buy a lot of beer, eh?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

That's a lot of Army Time you put in for all of us ~ THANKS!`

Thanks too for the "Labour Day"...

right back at you!!

I'll play along sometime this week!....

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home