Saturday, November 22, 2008

Healthy eatin'....

Woke up to this....
Rock Island Brewing Company....
Blue Cat Brew Pub....
Off The Rail Pale Ale....
The Queen of Cross....
Today's brews....
YUMMMMM.......
Peace out, yo!
Serious business....



We took off to Bettendorf about 10 this morning for Psychlofest. Holy Crap! I think it was the toughest course we've been on this year. Hilly and fast. A lot of grass with some gravel and pavement thrown in for good measure. The downhill sections were wicked fast and the uphill sections were wicked steep. The run-up was killer. Tough. Had it been warmer today the run-up would have been muddy and it would have been 10 times tougher. That's saying something because I already rate it as a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. Wow. Brootal.
Anyway, it was pretty chilly outside today and just a touch windy. The girls stayed near the car and I have no pics. There may be some someplace else and if I happen to see them I'll link or borrow some.
Fat Cat had "highly" recommended the Rock Island Brewing Company for lunch so we rolled on over to Rock Island, Illinois after the race. Unfortunately, they didn't open till 5 in the afternoon and it was 3:30 when we got there so we strolled across the parking lot to the Blue Cat Brew Pub. As the name suggests, they are a micro-brewery and I must say, their Off The Rail Pale Ale is mighty tasty. Yes, I had a couple. Mmmmmmm....... GOOD!
The food was excellent and the service was super. Our waiter definitely knew his business. I had an Italian sausage sandwich with black beans and rice and a bit of pasta salad. The salad oil tasted like olive oil with just a touch of oregano and black pepper. I could make a meal of just that! I'm thinking that I should have ditched the bun and just had the sausage and peppers with lightly sauteed onions. Oh well, what's done is done.... ;)
The racing? Well, there were a couple of surprises. Brian Eppen must've had a bit of trouble at some point because for most of the race he was neck and neck with another rider, way off the front, but at the end of the race he had fallen back to a fairly distant 2nd.
The Bike Tech Masters appeared to do well with John, Landon, and Richard tearing it up out there. We arrived sorta late so I don't know how Kat did in the women's open race. She was cheering pretty strong during our race! Steve Bullerman appeared to be tearing it up in the open race! Good job to all of you! SWEET!
Jackal likes his new C-Dale! He has been a little under the weather all week but still put in a solid effort on a tough course with some really fast guys today. The bike worked well in it's first race and he definitely looks "right" on the Cannondale! Good on ya, buddy!
That's about it for now. I need to get out for a walk to stretch these poor old tired muscles. Also have to decide if I want to drive back over tomorrow for Middle Park Madness. I want to race, for sure, but I'm not sure about the 2 1/2 hour drive. We'll see....
Thanks once again to our friends from DICE Racing in the Quad Cities. Another great race at another sweet venue. Great job, guys and gals!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a great day Blue. That sandwich looks good. I am hungry.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I would have had to take a nap after that meal!
Th race sounds like it was a tough one; muddy run ups was our conditions last week. Glad to hear you survived.
Leaving in a couple hours for my next stab at this; good luck if your racing again today!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home