Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bringing a knife to a gunfight....

C-Dale mtn bike....
Brother of Jackal's new ink. My folks....
Bennie. The kid is a motor....
Jackal showed up for the group road ride tonight on his new Cannondale Scalpel mountain bike. Holy Crap, Dude! Crazy. He did good. Must've been a real workout for him.
Almost 40 miles in a touch over 2 hours. I'm hurting! It was a good ride. Bennie, Chris, Pat, Jackal, Striker, The Thin Man, Dave, Craig E, Doug E.... Redgie and me. Did I forget anyone?
We went west on 27th then north to New Hartford. Quite a bit of rebuilding out there since last year's tornado and flood. It's looking pretty good! Got home about dark. Actually, it was too dark to be riding without lights. I thought Judy was going to kick my ass....
For just a touch of Iowa irony: The legislature had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to make Iowa roads a safer place for cyclists by passing a 5 foot law. They didn't have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing and they let the bill die. As of yesterday it looked like they would "fast track" a bill that would allow hard liquor to be sold in rural gas stations along with food, gas, and beer. Didn't make much sense to me but I guess revenue generation is more important than safety and human lives. Anyway, that bill was set aside late yesterday. It will be revisited on it's own at a future date rather than being attached to a budget bill, as it was this time. It all makes sense, eh?
Pooped. Nite nite time.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

16 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine (Grandma) said...

I put my bets on Judy kicking your butt!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Sunshine (Grandma) said...

And Adam's tatto's are AWESOME!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Ha!You know she loves you if she wants to kick yer butt fer ridin' in the dark, ya know. ;-)

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

10:17 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

kiddies....
she was pissed at me.

"don't you have a cell phone?"

"yeah, but it didn't ring"

"you dumbass! why didn't you call me?"

"oh"

6:37 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

That's fast. And, you could look at the scenery! I'da been head down.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

hahahah, I love the cell phone comment, that is too funny!!

Ya, I'd be just like Craig, head down and peddling my a$$ like crazy!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun! You were ridding strong Blue!!

Redg!

11:35 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

craig, lily, redg....
redg knows, i was head down when i was on the front but when i'm in the group my mouth is running while i lolligag along looking at the scenery.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

My legs still feel like Jello 20 hours later....it was a great workout though, that is for sure.

4:35 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal....
your rear wheel was hypnotizing me. almost brushed it a couple of times. well, before i ran out of gas....

5:25 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I was fully aware that Judy was pissed at you and the "Dumb ass" comment surely did fit.....I love that lady!

8:09 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

susi....
you girls always do stick together. what's up with that?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Brian B said...

Great ink on Adam. That boy is pretty manly. Deb has told me that I can't get any new tattoos, but I can get the ones I have touched up. I now know what the touch up will be. I'll have Rob touch me up from the right arm to the left arm across the back with a portrait of mom and dad!!!!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

40 road miles on the Scalpel? Not sure "crazy" goes far enough~!~
On the other hand, you probably tuck right in there behind that "big wheel" and used the draft! :^)
Isn't it funny how our ladies are so concerned about our safety, but when they know we are safe, they want to "hurt" us?
Have to love a legislature that sees the safety of cyclists as a hinderance to commerce. But it does make sense. You silly bicyclists are slowing down folks from reaching their objective: picking up beer and cigarettes at the gas station!

3:30 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brownie....
you do like to play with fire, don't you? 5 bucks says debi can kick your ass.

oldman....
yes, 40 hard road miles on the scalpel. it hurt me to think about it. doesn't matter what he's riding though, he's good to draft behind, mainly because he's steady and fast.
i really thought the bicycle safety legislation had a chance to pass. i guess it's just too logical. that and the fact that our lawmakers appear to be spineless. whatcha gonna do?
the women worry about our safety? hmmmm.... who knows what they think, buddy? lol. yeah, they worry.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Brian B said...

Fire is what seperates the men from the boys......

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home