Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend....

Drinking Papa's tea....
"Oh really?"
Moo and Brother of Jackal....
Brother of Jackal....
Rolling into Hudson today....
The railroad bridge and dam in Cedar Falls yesterday....


Overcast, damp, and cool weekend. I rode the blue CX bike out through the parks on Saturday to stretch my legs from Friday's ride. It was sprinkling a bit when I left. Actually felt pretty good. Mid 50s for temps and the wind was out of the SE at 11. The entire route is pretty much sheltered so the wind wasn't an issue. Went out and did 3 laps around Big Woods Lake and called it good. 16 miles total in just under an hour.
This morning I chatted with Fat Albert for a few minutes and got the low-down on his 3rd place finish in the Ragnarok 105 up in Minn-ee-so-tah yesterday. Good job, Buddy! Those Hostess cupcakes must be the fuel to get the job done! (What does that do to your sponsorship contract with Little Debbie?) I hear Super Saul did a nice job on his finish up there too.... Fatty says that Super has a story to tell about a cupcake in the middle of the road. Hmmmm..... I expect weird shit from Fatty but not so much from Ron. Can't wait to hear what he has to say. :)
Watched the last hour and 40 minutes of the Amstel Gold race this morning. I'm not going to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but I will say it was GREAT!!!!
After the race was over I got on the C50 and headed south to Hudson. The wind was kick-ass out of the NW, so the ride down was a pretty easy spin at 20+ mph. The trip back was a different story. It was 45 minutes of lung-searing, thigh-burning, butt-busting torture. It was all I could do to keep the bike in a straight line and maintain 16mph. I'm pretty sure that I used the "F" word several times during the trip north but I'm also pretty sure I was smiling all the way. I was really hoping to meet Fatty out there near Hudson so that I could hide behind him all the way back. Ahhhh well. You can't always get what you want.
After I got back and took a shower, it was off to Toad's for lunch with Judy, Jackal, Moo, The Queen of Cross,and Brother of Jackal. Yummy! Spicy chicken sandwich with swiss cheese and bacon. Plenty of HOT jalapenos. Blew my nose then my mind. They were HOT!!! I probably should have put them on my sandwich rather than eating them off of my plate, eh?
Anyway, I have to go back to work tomorrow after a week and a half off. I am soooo looking forward to that. NOT!
That's it for now. Watching The Stones on YouTube. Good stuff! Keith Richards doesn't appear to be as limber as he used to be!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Harkemas4 said...

Uncle. You need to smile more!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Good job on the windy ride. It is "Character Miles", ya know? Gives you a great appetite too. How can you go wrong?

I'm fresh back from Cali and going into the mess at work ought to be an eye opener.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

And what brings the onslaught of Rolling Stones this time?

10:10 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

tara....
i'm always smiling. :)

g-ted....
character miles for sure. i really thought i might run into fatty out there. welcome back from cali!

andy....
i dunno. it just happened, i guess. :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did your son tatoo his name on his leg so he wouldn't forget? :^) Seems like it is upside down then!
Ah, windy rides. My favorite. NOT.
You can have em. I like the wind at my back at all times.
Looks like that little girly is getting the best of the old Old Man again!
And yes, I have not seen the Amstel Gold yet, so thanks for the spoiler alert this time! :^)

5:13 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
it's really confusing for him when he looks at it in a mirror cuz it's backwards then.

i just had an email from fat albert asking if i wanted to ride to hudson tonight, which i regretfully declined. the wind is 25 out of the nw and it's raining off and on. it breaks my heart to tell my little fat buddy no, but i just don't have it in me tonight.

the girly has a way with me.... brat. lol

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home