Sunday, April 26, 2009

Light rain and windy....



Worms. Ickkk....
Jackal and I rode the trail to Hudson and then rode the Ho Chi Minh back this morning in a light rain with the wind out of the SE at 15 to 20 mph. No drafting since I'm working on my fittness a bit more seriously this year. It was a "good effort" ride for me, but I don't think Jackal was working too hard.
Watched a pair of robins that were engaged in a fairly intense low level dogfight fly into Jackal's rear (he says front. not gonna argue) wheel as we rolled along at about 20 mph on the Ho Chi Minh. Now that he's explained what I saw, it makes sense. They hit his front wheel from the left and then his left leg. It appeared to be a pretty solid collision. Figured we'd see feathers and guts afterward!
Amazingly, they hit the bladed spokes of his Fulcrum wheel at a shallow enough angle that they both bounced off and continued flying. We were talking about the Liege-Bastogne-Liege race that we'd just watched on Cycling TV and saw them coming. Knew they were going to hit something. Kachunk-Boing-Zingippp..... Wild. Ah well....
Lunch time. More later.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


3 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Definitely front wheel and then my left leg. Slow mo...

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl, your ol' man is getting old, losing his eyesight, and a little slow on his reflexes...cut him some slack! :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal....
it was blur to me. wish i'd had video :)

anon....
i would think you wouldn't want to be anywhere near me on a bike since i have all those "shortcomings". lol.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home