Friday, June 05, 2009

Walking Tacos and bike rides....

Chris and Courtney....
Our group last night....
Baling hay at Janesville....
Jackal chowing down....
The line....
Mmmmmm....
Some of the fixins....
A little harassment from my boss....
Starting the day....
My birthday isn't until Saturday but the harassment at work was yesterday. I'm not sure why I get picked on so much, but it happens. Oh well....
I think we served walking tacos to about 100 people at lunch yesterday. Sunshine and 70! It's always a good time, since I get the opportunity to heckle the good folks that I work with as they come through the line to be served. So unlike me! I think Jackal had 8 of them to fuel up for the group ride last night. Good stuff!
I'm kicking myself in the butt this morning for not getting a good picture of The Thin Man's new bike last night. He built up a new titanium Moots with electronic Dura-Ace and Zipp 404's. Sweet ride. Very sweet. I'd love to roll a set of 404's some time just to see what they're like. They wouldn't make my old, tired ass any faster, but they'd look neat.
There were quite a few people at the group ride last night. We left in two groups with different goals within the groups. Our group ended up with 6 people going north at a pretty good clip. After the C57 intersection we became 5, as one rider went east on Cedar Wapsi and the rest of us continued north to Janesville. One of the local tri-athletes joined us for the ride last night. It was good meeting you, Janet!
Anyway, time to get to work.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

14 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Guitar Ted, thanks for the walking taco explanation & Blue thanks for the visual! I've NEVER heard of that! Must try it sometime.

Glad you all had a great ride and in some mighty fine weather!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Blue,

Have a great b-day. I will be turning 40 on Saturday. Good to find out who else has a b-day the same time. Have a good one.

Mike Lebeda

8:24 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Happy Birthday Blue! Hope you get a ride in sometime in all the celebrating.

By the way, you are a published photographer now! Check out this and download issue #2. http://www.xxcmag.com

8:36 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

For the record, I had four walking tacos and the fourth one was due to peer pressure.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Happy birthday!

Tri guys and gals. God love 'em.
Rode with one the other day. We crested a little hill and I drifted quite aways on the little slope on the other side, no hands and other such non-sense, waiting for him. He says, "going down those big hills still scares the heck outta me." Didn't know what to say to that! But, If he could have seen me listing like a torpedoed battleship in my one and only triatalon swim, I'm sure he'd've had the same reaction.

10:16 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
careful with the walking tacos, they can be addictive! the weather couldn't have been better ('cept maybe if we'd had a tailwind both directions) and the ride was great!

mike....
thanks! you have a great b-day too! us june 6ers are a pretty special bunch! :)

g-ted....
thanks, buddy! hope you're enjoying your vacation. published! that's pretty cool!

jackal....
it's my blog and i can embelish (ever so slightly) if i want to. besides, i'm pretty sure that you had 9 but i didn't want anyone to think you "over-indulged".

craig....
thanks! those tri-folks have some weird handlebars. strange. i can see why they'd be scared to roll fast down hills.
have a great weekend!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Happy Birthday Blue! Hope all your wishes come true. Good health to you my friend.

ari
from sycamore

10:25 PM  
Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Do you have the PSI for 55 candles? I bet you do. Happy Birthday Dude!

12:40 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ari....
thank you very much!

greg....
i'm pretty sure i can blow out 55 candles! that might be my limit, though. thanks for the good wishes. :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Sunshine (Grandma) said...

Happy birthday brother~ Looks like you had fun. Although, being your sister and being from Iowa I do not have a clue what a walking taco is :o)

The speed sign was great too!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz CumpleaƱos Blue!! Hope you can have a break on this rainy weather, so you can celebrate on two weels. Enjoy celebrating your day.
Happy B-day!
Redg!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blue!

Sunshine - we R going to make U walking tacos when we R there.
-Amy

10:07 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Amy:

Okie Dokie.....can't wait to see you all again

8:19 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

susi, redg, amy....
thank you very much! redg..congrats on the new addition to your family! woohoo!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home