Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday the 3rd of December...




Jackal thinking......... "and visions of Cannondale flashed through my head"






Don't eat yellow snow!





Yup, a fridge on the Cedar by the Hackett Road boat ramp....


Bicycling today? Nope, perhaps tomorrow...


Skiing in Hartman North today...


The new poles. Wish I had my new skis.... " Soon", says the Boss... The Salsa gloves are warm!


The old skis.... They still work...


Brother of Jackal says " I moved back here from Arizona for this?"


Yeah, It's snow in the first week of December....

The drive back from The Great White North was uneventful last night. I passed a plow on 218 up by Waverly that had a Deputy following it. They were doing about 40 mph and I was doing closer to 70. He didn't come after me.... "Too fast for conditions". Oh well. Passed a lot of cars last night. I didn't run into any snow until I was up by Northwood, Iowa. Then it became the "normal winter driving conditions" that we all love so much here in Iowa.

Went up to the shop today and talked to Jackal and Jeff and picked up my new ski poles then ordered a set of studded snow tires for the yellow bike. Jackal tells me that Ron is checking into studs too. Kerkove rides in winter without them..... He's younger and will heal faster than me. Simple as that. The Boss tells me that my new skis should be in "any day". I'm looking forward to that! He showed me his shaft drive "restoration project". Pretty cool! Something older than I am!

I went skiing in Hartman North this afternoon for about 3 hours. There were no ski tracks when I got there so I broke a couple of miles of trail. It was good snow for it today and I pretty much followed the bike trails in the woods. I met a young couple coming into the woods as I was coming out. They looked like they were pretty new to it but seemed to be having fun. It'll make you sweat, baby! Woohoo! I'll probably go out there for awhile in the morning then perhaps the Greenbelt on the north side of Ridgeway for awhile. Hope someone's been out there and broke trail! I'll drive back to St. Cloud in the afternoon for 4 more days of adventure in the wilderness. I'm going to rent a truck up there and come back Thursday with a printing press that we're installing in Waterloo. It's all good.

That's all for now. Have a great weekend and be safe if you have to go out in the snow. Don't eat the yellow stuff!

Peace out, yo!


4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Is the "yellow snow" lemon flavored? Just curious.

Signed,
Your very personal post whore.

2:50 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

dunno jeff. my grandpa told me not to try it, so i never did....

9:52 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Grandpa knows snow! Right on! Cool ski pics, making me jealous! I'm still waiting for "medical clearance" before I can par-take! That's the way of it when your wife is an R.N.!

9:09 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

better listen to the wife, g.t.! you know how it is when you don't!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home