Thursday, May 10, 2007

I hate punctures....

I left for my ride last night planning to head over to New Hartford and back. 80 degrees, virtually no wind. Perfect!

I headed down through Cedar Falls planning to head out around Big Woods Lake and up old 218 to Cedar Wapsi but when I went across the tracks on the north end of the Main Street bridge I flatted. I didn't hit the tracks all that hard but my water bottle went flying and my rear tire went woosh..... POOPIE!!!!!

I changed the tube and pumped it up with my hand pump then headed up to Black Hawk Park, back through Wyth, and out around East Lake. Bummer. Only 25 miles. I get really paranoid riding without a spare tube. My patch kit is in the seat bag on the Surly. Piss Poor Prior Planning Prevents Perfect Pedaling.

Had a gentleman by the name of Larry Miller stop and ask if I had everything I needed to fix the flat. He stayed and talked while I completed my task, then he was off..... He has a sweet Waterford tourer. Nice man. He told me he's off to Colorado in a couple of weeks. Apparently he works out there 5 months out of the year. Said that he comes back here to play. Hmmmm.... Sounds like he has that backward! Oh well, to each his own. Thanks for the company. It's all good!

Jackal helped me out with some more tubes when I got back. Thanks, Buddy!

That's it for this morning.

Ride safe.

Peace out, Yo!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I turned around to start chasing you down last night, but obviously your hand-pumped tube didn't slow you down any because you were...GOOOONNNNEEEEEE!!! Oh well, better luck next time! Back to my 452nd fudge round of the day...

9:27 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oh man! i was in the zone and pumped about getting up to 10 mph for the first time. i can't eat more than 400 fudge rounds a day.

next time....

peace out, yo!

9:47 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

You missed a few P's

Porta-Pottie Pauls Perpetual
Piss Poor Prior Planning Prevents Perfect Pedaling-

I have flatted maybe once in my life.. (jinx-jinx) My son- not so lucky...

Enjoy your ride!!-

1:16 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

geez jeremy, that's good! i'd forgotten all about the porta-pottie. picture #7 in kerkoves photo stream.

i usually only flat when it's really cold outside or it's raining. oh well....

peace out, yo!

1:21 PM  
Blogger shOna said...

i know what you mean...i always flat when it is raining, cold and in the middle of no where...

good luck with the ppppp (did i miss one?)

he he!

keep smiling darling!

1:31 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

SHONA! BABY! welcome back!

hope you're smiling!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you have to stop the Dukes of Hazzard RR track crossing immitations. :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

yeah chris, you're right about that dukes business. thought i saw daisy down the road and wanted to catch up with her....

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home