Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday....

I had planned on being out of the office at 4:30 sharp yesterday so I could get a good ride in. As often happens, one of our accountants walks in at 4:25 and has an issue that takes until 5:15 to clear up. I think he does it on purpose.

Anyway.... I was on the road by 6 and made a quick spin down to Hudson and back. It was a nice ride! When I got back Brother of Jackal was working on his motorcycle in the drive and asked when I usually ride. He knows when I ride but he wanted to start a conversation to let me know that starting on Monday he will be back on first shift and I'll have a regular riding partner again. Cool! I'm looking forward to that.

Our local fairground is filled with the Department of Homeland Security and their minions holding 400 or so illegals that they took from a meat processing plant up in Postville. It's been the talk of the town since Monday. (It pretty much decimated the town of Postville..) They took the fairgrounds over a week or so ago and made the raid and arrests on Monday of this week. A bunch of jack-booted and body armored feds with automatic weapons all over the place. They were holding "Federal Court" in the old ballroom until midnite last night. They'll all be gone to jails around Iowa by later today. Do ya' suppose there will be another raid this week? They have the fairgrounds leased for another 10 days..... We'll see.

A chilly 41 F this morning with fog rolling off the river. It'll get up into the upper sixties by this afternoon. I love it!

Dallas beat the Redwings last night and looked fairly good while doing it. That makes it a 3 games to 1 series in the Wings favor in the Western Conference finals. The Eastern finals continue tonight with the Penguins holding a 3-zipp lead in the series. Can the Flyers come back to whip up on the Pens and give us a Flyers/Stars cup? Wouldn't that be COOL? FLYERS WIN!!!! FLYERS WIN!!!! Whatever.... There's always next year.

That's about it for now. Have a great day!

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Go Wings!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I second that motion Jeff: GO WINGS!
Sorry about the Flyers; it would have been fun to watch Detroit kick their @$$! :^)
But like you said, maybe next year.
Glad you got a ride in despite the folks who always seem to need to spoil your plans at the last minute.
I heard about the big illegals arrest on the news. Didn't realize that was in your backyard. We just have a peaceful Bluegrass Festival going on at ours!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Wings? Pfffffttttt

11:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - damn bean counters.

The Flyers ain't coming back. PENS RULE!

9:27 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

kerkove....
i'm speechless, buddy.

oldman....
after watching tonight's game the flyers have given me new life. i believe! i go by the fairgrounds everyday on my way home from work. there is a bike trail that runs along the dike a the back edge of the place and i've been told that there are armed guards preventing bikes from using it. i'm going down tomorrow after work to check it out. it isn't far from my house. i promise not to get into trouble.

jackal....
there's still hope! flyers over the stars in 4! woohoo!

chris....
bean counters are a pain in the butt. worse than the first long ride of the year. what's up with this penguins crap? i feel blessed that both wings fans and the only penguins fans in the world (both of them) are harassing me on my blog. sweet.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home