Saturday, May 24, 2008

Farmer's Market....

Quite a few people. No fresh produce.....
Rollin' home with my goodies....
Lots of people on the trail this morning....
Grocery go-getter....
I got up ths morning and said good-bye to Judy as she headed out the door to go to work at the Credit Union. I then checked my e-mail, took a shower, and headed out the door with the Surly for the farmer's market in Cedar Falls. The rear brake was making a very annoying noise as I pedaled along so I decided that I would have The Thin Man check it out after I'd gotten a few items at the market. I was going to stop and see what he had as far as a rear rack anyway, so I'd kill two birds with the proverbial single stone....
I got to the farmer's market over on Third between Franklin and Clay at Overman Park and who do you 'spose the first people I see were? Jackal and Moo with The Queen of Cross. I went over to say "hi" and Rhea leaned toward me, apparently to give me a hug, and reached up to snap the buckle on my helmet. Hmmmmm...... Too cute. I'd just unsnapped it when I rolled into the market and got off my bike. Little Miss Safety got me. It's a good thing that she can't write tickets for things like that because I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten away with just a warning. (I did get a hug, btw....)
I told Jackal that I was planning to stop by The Shop after I finished shopping and see about a rear rack and asked if he had any suggestions. I wanted something that was easy to install and remove and that wouldn't interfere with my fenders when I have them on the bike. He said to get a messenger bag. Hmmmm.... Good idea!
I bought a loaf of peppered parmesan bread and a jar of apple cinnamon jelly and put them in my shopping bag. No one had any asparagus or radishes so I headed to the shop to talk to Brent. Must be a little early for fresh produce around these parts and apparently no one is growing in greenhouses this year. Oh well....
The Thin Man and I looked through the catalog for a rack but we didn't find anything that I liked. He had a silver and red Timbuktu messenger bag that I did like, so I bought that and transferred my bread and jelly to it and rolled down the trail after he'd found and fixed the problem with my brake. Thanks Brent!
We have a graduation open house to attend for the son of one of my co-workers this afternoon then we'll head north to Readlyn for Little Jake's birthday party. He's 5 today! Woohoo!!!! It's gonna be fun!
The forecast for the rest of the weekend is calling for rain. I hope I can get some miles in on the road bike between rain showers.
I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. Give some thought to our troops, past and present. They are, after all, the reason for this long weekend.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


5 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Right on! That is awesome that you acknowledged your military past and present...good on you!

now, for the peppered parmesan bread, that just sounds way too good...

Enjoy your weekend!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you by chance eat that bread with lasagna??

6:22 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

laurel....
the peppered parmesan bread makes an awesome turkey sandwich! best of luck tomorrow in your marathon! woohoo!!!

fat albert....
no lasagna today. did you get out and ride?

9:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You better watch out or Rhea will write your ass up for a PPE violation.

I have a messenger back like that one except mine is green.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey, you were a military man once, so THANK YOU! :)

And to all the other fine men and women, past and present, Thanks.

Have a great weekend Blue. I hope you get those road miles in.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home