Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big group....




There were like 15 or 16 for the group ride tonight. The speeds went up before we even got out of town. Turned west on to 27th and they immediately went to 27/28 mph. Too fast for this old fart to hang on very long. LOL. I think the crazies should have gotten their fill tonight. They chased Fatty for about 15 miles! Go Fatty, Go!!!!! Redg, Chris, Ken, The Thin Man, and I rolled north to New Hartford and had a nice little ride.

I used my cell phone at 7:30 to call Judy and let her know I wouldn't be home at 7:30. I was still 8 miles out. She called me an ass. Last week I was a dumbass because I didn't call, this week I'm an ass because I did. Talk about mixed signals, eh? :) Can't win. I rolled into the drive at 8:05. She got home about 5 minutes later.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

9 Comments:

Blogger Brian B said...

I tried to tell you years ago that you can not win, it isn't possible. You did the right thing though..... :-) P.S. Being called an ass is sometimes a term of endearment.

12:40 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

It must be a term of endearment, I get called that all the time!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

I understand Judy completely, last week you were "dumb", this week you're just an "ass", things are looking up for you!!

hahahah

BTW, where had Judy been?? Just asking, LOL....

8:22 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

You could've gotten home and pretended you were there for hours. Maybe you hadn't even gone biking! Never give out unsolicited intellegence.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Fatty was in the shop the other day talking trash. I figured he would light the wick on you guys.

Totally understand the upgrade to "ass". (It is an upgrade, ya know)When the words go to "he's a nice guy", that's when ya gotta be on the look out! ;-)

3:11 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian....
kinda like being called a genius is sometimes a term of derision?

jeremy....
in your case, it probably IS a term of endearment! :)

lily....
there ya go, girls sticking together! she was at the nursing home at a birthday party for her aunt. (she did bring me supper)

craig....
i was still sweating in the driveway when she pulled in. i hear ya on the unsolicited intelligence. in the future i'll be smarter.

g-ted....
fatty is always talking trash. he talks so much trash that i figure he must be full of trash. he definitely lit it up last night. wow! all the animals were chasing him.
it's definitely comforting to know that being an "ass" is an upgrade!
please keep an eye on fatty at t.i. this weekend for me. i worry about him. thanks, buddy! :)

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You worry about me??? HA! I know better! As long at G-Ted leaves cupcakes in the middle of the road for me...I'll be alright (or at least on track).

I don't talk trash either, just to you and your son! :) For the record, I was NOT talking trash at the shop either!

11:32 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fatty....
of course i worry about you! it breaks my heart that you would think otherwise.
you don't talk trash? gimme a break. you hold card #1 at trash talkers united....

good luck at t.i.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like big groups. Lots of wind resistance and draft! :^)

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home