Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The question was asked....

Fatty circa Sept 06....
Fatty tonight....

The question was asked "why do you call him Fatty? He's skinny...." Thanks for that question, Oldman. In September of '06 Fatty acquired the moniker that will stick with him forever by picking up a DVD in a convenience store in Parkersburg, Iowa during a carbo-loading break while on a Friday Night Lights gravel grinder. You have to admit that he's not only a bit pudgy, but he's cute, too! (Thanks for letting me "borrow" the picture, Kerkove)
On a more serious note.... I got home from work tonight and headed south toward Hudson, planning on an easy spin. The winds were still out of the south and were still fairly strong. (meaning that the spin was anything but easy) I could hear my phone ringing as I turned the corner at Ansborough and 63.... It was Fatty wondering what I was doing. Told him I was heading to Hudson. He said he might meet me on my way back and we'd ride a little bit. I was heading north out of Hudson when I heard my phone ringing again. Fatty. He hung up when I answered it. I started to call him back but when I looked up he was rolling down the trail just ahead of me. Laughing. He pimped me!
Anyway, we rode back to Waterloo together and then went our seperate ways at Black Hawk Road. He was looking pretty good for someone who'd just ridden 300+ miles on gravel with lots of mud and wicked headwinds just a couple of days ago. He's a tough little chub!
Oh! He is a skinny little shit but "Fatty" fits him much better than "slim" would. It's all in the name!
If you want to see some pictures of T.I. v5, go to Ari's blog and check out his Flickr photostream. Great pics!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Well Blue ... I remember The Fatty when he was just a little bit BIGGER!
What a great transformation. Now he is just a fast fast dude
John

10:13 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

But you call Brent "Thin Man" when we have come to call him Kutcher.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I guess ask and you shall receive.
"Now you know the rest of the story."
My next question is: How nice would a new 11-speed Record groupo look on my bike? :^)
Let me know if you need my mailing address!

10:34 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

john....
he is a fast little buggar, isn't he? :)

andy....
kutcher, eh? i'll have to ask him about that tonight. i'm sure there must be a story behind it.

oldman....
11 speed? i only use about 3 or 4 (easy) gears on my 10 speed but i think 11 speed would look good on yours. too complicated for my simple mind.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home