Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Windy....

Last night's group ride was the first time I'd been on a bike since last Thursday's group ride. Just tired, I guess. It'll pass.

8 showed up and stayed together until just south of the Finchford turnoff. The wind was out of the SSW at 15 to 20, so the speeds going north were pretty high. Redg flatted just south of C57 so David and I stopped and waited while he changed his tube. The rest of the group headed west to Finchford. Once back on the road we headed north to Janesville, where David left us to visit friends. The trip south on old 218 found Redg and I taking turns on the front into the headwind. It was all we could do to maintain 16.5-17 mph. We caught up to Ross just south of C57 and the group became 3. It was a good ride and we worked together well to fight the wind. I was pretty much pooped when I got back home.

The rest of the group that went to Finchford rolled through Janesville also, then headed over to Wagner to come back south. Sounds like they had a pretty mellow ride until Tony attacked into the wind. Well, I think that even that was mellow, since no one chased. They let the wind bring him back.

Temps were nice and the rain held off making it pretty good for a workout on the bikes.

Lots of trash talking about Fatty last night, since he decided not to show up. Something about the 315 miles that he rode at TI v.5 over the weekend wearing him out. Hmmm..... I think he was just scared of getting his ass kicked by my old fat ass....

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Sounds like a good ride overall, but what is with the wind this spring, holy hannah, it is crazy windy here....

8:42 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

I never take any pictures either when I'm tired.

10:05 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
i don't get all this wind. maybe it's always like this in spring and i've just forgotten about it. come to think of it, i haven't got a good whiff of anhydrous yet this spring.... hmmmm....

craig....
i even had my camera with me and never took a picture. what's up with that?

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue,
Flat + No Gas Station = No Beer

Thanks for waiting for me after my flat, I owe you a Brew! It could of been a long way home fighting that wind on my own!
You are my boy Blue!
Redg!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Concerning your previous report on the Trans Iowa dudes; are these guys nuts? Just askin.
Oh, and another thing. This Fatty guy. He is skinny. Why do you call him Fatty? I am confused.
It sounds like your becoming the king of headwinds. You know, it's much easier if you ride with the wind. Just sayin.

2:43 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

redg....
i wouldn't leave you out there all alone. you have to think of those lions and tigers and bears! wouldn't want them coming after you!

oldman....
yes, they are nuts. all of them. i think the organizers may be evil. lol.
re: fatty.... see todays post. just for you, buddy.
the winds have been brootal this year. wow.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home